Sunday, November 05, 2006

____Go!

"But then they danced down the street like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"

No word nor sigh ever meant more to me that these words of Kerouac, here he is explaining the essence of the Beat generation.
I say we should all be mad- mad as birds.
Would'nt you agree.??.

3 comments:

all meshed up said...

Would be hard not to…not to agree with those words…to not run behind them mad ones…to not put you finger in that flame and watch it burn your dying soul…to not want to be still anymore and go mad-mad as birds!!

p.s: good stuff here. keep up the fill J

jairaj said...

Who Kerouac? Always.

Mephentis said...

John Clellon Holmes and kerouac were sitting around trying to think up the meaning of the Lost Generation and the subsequent Existentialism.Thats when they came up with the term- beat- go!was the book by holmes where it was first mentioned...