Thursday, November 09, 2006

Is the intellect only a concept?

She was a smart girl, I can vouch for that much. But how much of her did I really envision from my own mind. My minds a bitch. No, it really is. Does these funny funny things to me. Could never figure out why. I kept it busy , with books and music,lots of movies and 'intellectual' convos. All it ever did was make a mesh of things.Put one into another, wired it up, squeezed it into fallow lines, of soft age and many more irksome things and ideas.

It made me a believer of her ways. Simple, made up, passionately defended and highly honest.
I had to stop and wonder, is abstract poetry really better than the rhyming lines. Was Leonard Cohens' work ever fanthomable to Ogden Nash? I mean, honestly speaking the "intellectual" is a 12 lettered word. Now that confuses me! How much of it is actually a concept? I always believed that our pet best friend: God: is nothing save an over simplification of an cosmic concept, a phenomenon. I'm not trying to get ahead of my self here, but it made sense to me. Are we in a massive fit of self denial doing or rather pushing a concept forward into an arena that was made for much simpler times, if not more occupiable times.

The her in the former paragraphs refer to a girl we all met a few centuries ago. She walked towards us with her pregnant arms wide open. Wanting and trying, vehemently to embrace her in her ways. She liked the name reason for herself. It at times makes me trip , over a tear drop she left behind that never dried, because we all some where, sometime, denied to her her name.
And called her other names behind her back, and I found out just a few moments past, that I too had called her a name, branded her , branded it, the intellect.

3 comments:

The Cat said...

//Was Leonard Cohens' work ever fathomable to Ogden Nash?//

Cohen makes everyone understand. Beautiful people have their way.

Plus, God (If we do feel the need for Existence to be labelled such) is on a vacation.

all meshed up said...

sochte hain hum kabhi;
sochna zaroorat hai.
phir lagta hai yun ke jaise;
sab ek ittekaq hai!!!

Mephentis said...

aaki: beautiful ppl are only those who can sing songs, music is secondary.
this IS gods vacation.!

'meshed up:
now that is amusing.